What You'll be Doing
- Design, document, build, and maintain performant APIs in Ruby on Rails that underpin our products and are consumed by 3rd party developers
- Nurture a high performance small team by helping our developers through pairing and code reviews, and sometimes holding learning sessions in the team
- Give and receive constructive feedbacks
- Work with UX designers and frontend engineers, so we can provide them with excellent foundations for them to build world-class products
- Make technical judgement calls to balance time we invest and values we intend to bring to the world, while keeping our code base sustainable, and reduce surprises
- Constantly improve our development practices
- Extensive experience working with gems in the Ruby/Rails ecosystem (e.g. Devise, Pundit, etc.).
- A dedication to automated testing, push-button deployment, and configuration management through IT automation.
- Experience building large-scale production web applications with API interfaces.
- A willingness to jump in and experiment with new technologies, and to get out of your comfort zone.
- Have created a web application from scratch for a production use and maintained it
- Have gone through performance challenges of a production RoR web application (e.g. stress testing and performance tuning)
- Have implemented something in Ruby outside RoR framework and popular Ruby libraries (e.g. a Ruby gem, a DSL)
- Have good understandings of multiple kinds of tests, and use some of them in your daily development activities
- Have experiences with asynchronous jobs and/or data pipelines
- Have contributed to open source communities
- Have understanding why RoR is designed in the current way, and how it has influenced other web frameworks
- Have understanding of what makes RoR possible
- Have knowledge of other web application frameworks
- Have good understanding of various project management methodologies, and when to use them
- Care about your craft that brings values to users, and understand why before working on a project
- Have influenced other developers through PR reviews and pair-programming
- Have given talks at meetups/conferences and/or written articles/books in tech
- Critically examine your thinking and ideas on a regular basis, and you are open to constructive criticism
- You try to articulate your points in discussions and in your code
- Can work with and help product managers to maximize the values we deliver as a unit
- Have a desire to own a product or a service
- Have sunset a web application in production
- Have designed and documented APIs that are consumed by multiple users excluding yourself
- Have played a technical lead role of a team and pushed the bar of the team continuously and collaboratively
- Specific experience with real-world DNS and/or email authentication standards is a plus.
- Have a genuine interest in for the mission of enhancing our zero-trust approach to email sender identity.
- Experience building, provisioning, and deploying services in the cloud in an automated fashion.
If you would be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Tyler Dietrich at 813-437-6859 or via email at email@example.com
. Call as soon as possible; interviews are being schedule as soon as this afternoon!
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Tech jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is, of course, guaranteed. I can be contacted for information on the IT market and some of the opportunities that are available.