Scala Developer | Global Consultancy | Worthing | Remote Working
I am working in partnership with a top-tier Tech Consultancy in the UK who are in the midst of a large recruitment drive within their development function. They are looking to recruit experienced Scala Developers to come in and join an enormous Agile software implementation as part of a 'digital partnership' with the UK government.
These positions offer the chance to work on state-of-the-art platforms using a range of technologies including Scala, Scalatra, Play, Life, AngularJS, ReactJS, Web API, REST and SQL. This specific function has seen unbelievable growth rates over the last 12-18 months (85%+) and these roles form a crucial part of their 2020 headcount plan.But there is a slight twist...
You might've read the above paragraph and winced at the idea of working for a Tech Consultancy. Long days, evenings spent eating meals for one at the Premier Inn, spending days and days on the road. The list just goes on.Well you'll be glad to know that the twist in question is simple... these roles are essentially travel-free.
The entire role will be based on-site in Worthing and you will essentially be working the equivalent of an office-based job, just with their team of Engineers/Consultants on the customer site rather than their own HQ.
You won't be expected to travel to Aberdeen 5 days a week (FYI - I am just using Aberdeen as an example, I am sure it is lovely) and the role won't negatively impact on your work/life balance.Not a bad twist after all eh?
Moving back to the role... to be honest, the list of focus areas is pretty comprehensive. So rather than simply regurgitating the job description, I thought I would pick out a few key areas that they are expecting when reviewing any applicant's CV:
- Scala - The core focus of the role will be Scala programming using a range of associated technologies including Play, Scalatra, Guice, PlayJSON, Twirl, ScalaJS, Akka and Gatling. Y
- Stakeholder Management - Whilst not having the same stakeholder-facing responsibilities as a Project Manager or Business Analyst, this role will involve working closely with stakeholders so strong communication skills are a must.
- Agile Delivery - You need to have a proven track record working with Agile methodologies, as well as wider experience working with other methodologies/processes including Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and DevOps.
So if you've managed to get through the above advert and feel this is the role you've been waiting for (that is admittedly the epitome of recruitment cliche), then please get in touch with me as I would be happy to set up a chat.
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR. Please note that these roles will be 100% remote for the next 6-12 months.
- Mobile: 07943721308
- Office Line: 0191 338 7540
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'