Here at FRG consulting we are extremely pleased to bring to you this brand new opportunity for an experienced Java / Scala Developer on B2B / Contract basis.
Location: Warsaw / Gdansk / Remote
Job type: B2B / Contract
Start date: November 2020
Assignment length: 12 months + extension
Ref: FRGSJDWG1210SN Role and responsibilities:
- Design and implement new reporting software supporting various business initiatives to fulfil external requirements
- Solve challenging big data problems. Ensure data correctness while processing millions of rows a day.
- Find the most effective ways to aggregate and present the data to end-users
- Use Java/Spring/Spark/Scala technology stack to develop effective data processing services within data lake.
- Build relationships with end-users to understand the business and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes.
Nice to have
- Programming skills in Java backed by 5 or more years of commercial experience
- Experience with SQL, relational databases and query optimization
- Experience in test driven development
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance and resiliency
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, mind-set of ownership and excellent follow-through
- Focus on software quality - ability to write clean code and encourage others to do so
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
- Full working proficiency in English language (verbal and written)
What's on offer?
- Practical skills in functional programming languages with a preference for Scala
- Interest or previous experience in the financial sector
- Involvement in interesting technical challenges/projects with a global impact
- Attractive rates and longevity of projects
- Modern technologies and room for professional progression
- Remaining close to the start-up scene whilst benefiting from stability and the financial backing of a multinational organisation
- Ability to contribute your own ideas and be recognised for the value you bring to the business
- Working with one of the most recognisable and prestigious organisations globally
Should you wish to apply or if you have any questions relating to this opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact Sylwia Norkiewicz on email@example.com
or T: (0048) 22 397 5126