Application Support Engineer - ITIL, Cobol, DB2
My client have an urgent need to on board a L2 Application Support Specialist to play a critical role in Application Support and Service Management for a Blue Chip Software House based in the North West. This role will see you meet SLA's for incident management, MIM calls and supporting 24 x 7 x 365 systems. So what will you be doing?
What experience would be well matched for this role?
- You will provide Technical Support and Maintenance of Applications whilst following best practise ITIL principles specifically for Problem Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Release (Deployment) Management, Application, Continuous Service Improvement.
- It will be your job to generate technical solutions to incidents, reacting quickly to live software errors to limit downtime and resolve the issue.
- Ownership and prioritisation of individual Incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Operational Level Agreements to deadlines and quality standards.
- The delivery of documentation to agreed standards, on time and error free
- Support the handover of the changes into business-as-usual (BAU) operation
As a starting point this is a Leadership role someone who has a background of leading teams or is ready to take a step up into a leadership role is going to be a good match.
The right candidate should have a strong level of experience within IT software support working in an ITIL environment. and also show strong experience in Cobol & DB2. Coming from the technical background for example in larger organisation or blue chip client would certainly also set you up well for this position.Whats in it for you ?
In return of your hard work ( aside the obvious monthly pay cheque) you'll join a business who continually invest in the latest technology meaning your own development and progression is complimented along the way. You'll leave your footprint on systems that support and protect the global economy meaning it's work to be proud of.
You'll benefit from a competitive salary and pension, health care and a flexible working culture.