AWS Cloud Systems Engineer - Orpington
Due to a huge migration to go totally serverless my South London based Automotive client are on a seriously fast journey to find a skilled AWS Systems Engineer who can come in and really know their way around microservice architecture for large scale solutions in the cloud. The overall solution is set to take 5 years to complete and they are currently in year 2 which is why they need to find the right people to see them through this transformation. So what will you be doing?
You will be working on a project that has had 30 million pounds invested into it so think big! You will have access to 80% of all of the AWS services that are on offer including Amazon Connect which I know as an AWS Systems Engineer you will love to use.
The platform will be built natively and exclusively in AWS from scratch so you will see your work transform from the ground up. You will follow microservice principles in python for scripting with full API led activity. Overall this job will add a lot of value to your profile.
The teams are small ran to Safe Agile methodology and you will work alongside a Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Software Engineers. This role gives this person a lot of autonomy and influence over how this project will develop over tje upcoming years so if your current role has your hands tied then this could be your chance to shine. What experience would be well matched for this role?
- Systems Engineering (implementation) capability (Hosting infrastructure, Networking, Security Technologies and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Engineering Tools, Analytics etc.).
- Agile system engineering expertise (competent and capable).
Whats in it for you ?
- Commercial use of AWS services, Cloud Formation, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling,
- Working with CI/CD Pipelines using AWS Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, Jenkins, Lambda, Docker & Containerisation using AWS Fargate and Infrastructure as a Code
- Integration of code quality and security tools in code pipelines to improve and identify security issues
- Carry out system reviews to ensure accordance with architectural principles set out by and agreed within the team.
- Work with third parties to resolve infrastructure issues in existence and proactively engage with vendors to ensure continued availability of systems for which the team is responsible.
- Ensure that tasks which can be automated are automated to drive down cost and improve agility.
- Hands-on experience with Bitbucket, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Git
In return of your hard work ( aside the obvious monthly pay cheque) you'll join a business who continually invest in the latest technology meaning your own development and progression is complimented along the way. You'll leave your footprint on systems that support and protect the global economy meaning it's work to be proud of.
You'll benefit from a competitive salary and pension, health care and a flexible working culture.