OT Engineer | NYC or Miami | $90KThe Company
Founded in 2014 with the belief that access to affordable, reliable, cleaner energy is not a privilege, but a human right. Universal access to energy can impact everything from education to poverty reduction to gender equality. Creating that access - in an environmentally responsible way - is why we are here. Role / Responsibilities
Searching for an IT/OT Engineer that will be responsible for bridging the gap between the information technology and operational technology environments related to the Company's plant systems. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and technical vision for the OSI Pi environment, SCADA systems, HMI systems, DCS and PCS systems, and other plant-related systems. This individual will be the point of contact for all plant-related projects and incidents from an IT perspective.
- Support and maintain the OSI Pi environment, including PiVision displays
- Install, configure, monitor of PI-System servers, interfaces, tags, and user tools
- Consult with equipment engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware, software, and operational and performance requirements of overall systems
- Document existing architectures, and update documentation as the environment grows and adapts.
- Maintain plant SCADA, DAS, and communications systems, ensuring power plants continue to operate reliably safely and efficiently.
- Partner with the Operations team to assess and validate operational data.
- Work with and manage various vendors and suppliers related to plant systems
- Partner with other IT professionals to deliver complete solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Additional IT responsibilities as needed, including network and server installation, and troubleshooting.
Ready to Apply?
- Education: BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other engineering discipline
- Prior work experience in a power generating environment is preferred
- Experience in design of IT and OT converged networks from equipment level to enterprise-wide networks.
- Experience with OSI Pi and other data historians
- Experience in the overall aspects of design engineering, construction, start-up/commissioning, and subsequent O&M of energy projects
- Experience with plant control systems (i.e. DCS, PCS, HMI, SCADA), including Rockwell, Compact Logix PLC, Factory Talk, and similar technologies
- Working knowledge of data communications principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of industrial network topologies, protocols, switching and routing infrastructure, and physical cabling.
- Working knowledge of security solutions utilized in SCADA/Control systems environments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, MS SQL Server, MS Windows Server, and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of predictive maintenance technologies
Contact me for further information about this position. firstname.lastname@example.org | 813-437-6973 ______________________________________________________________________________
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Tech jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is, of course, guaranteed. I can be contacted for information on the IT market and some of the opportunities that are available