Role: Senior Java Developer Warsaw
Location : Warsaw, Poland
Opportunity type: Contract/B2B/Freelance
Contract length: 12 months + possible extensionYour Impact
The EMEA Equities Electronic Trading Post-Trade team develops the systems used for processing all GS EMEA Cash Equity orders and executions from Front Office systems - enriching them and passing to systems throughout GS. We work with colleagues in the Front Office as well as the operational areas covering booking, compliance and regulatory reporting to offer the best level of service to our clients. We jointly develop software with teams globally. We need to cope with high volumes without issues, so we have a significant focus on scalability, resilience and test automation.
Working as part of team you will make improvements and add new features for our clients and users of our systems within GS. You will improve and write new systems that have to handle millions of events daily, coping seamlessly with volume spikes and outages.
You will be involved in all parts of the project life-cycle that includes design, implementation and testing. You'll make a real difference for GS and our clients with a mixture of quick/small changes as well as big new features and significant shifts in architecture.How will you fulfil your potential?
- Agree requirements with colleagues in Trading, Technology, Operations and Compliance
- Discuss and agree the design and test approach - a wide range of internal and open source technologies are available
- Implement the solution and test with users
- Liaise with devoted support team and help maintain the system
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Solid object oriented design and programming skills
- Strong Java development skills (5+ years)
- Excellent team-working skills
- Technical degree
- Distributed systems e.g. Kafka, ZooKeeper & HDFS
- Databases - both SQL and no-SQL g. Sybase, DB2, ElasticSearch & MongoDB.
- Test automation - unit, functional & non-functional
To be considered for this role please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org