Lead DevOps Engineer | IT Consultancy | Manchester | £70,000 - £85,000
I am exclusively engaged with an award-winning IT Management Consultancy who are looking to beef up their team by recruiting Lead DevOps Engineers, ideally with a background working with one of the major Public Cloud providers (Google, Amazon, Microsoft).
The organisation have been established in the technology space for 20 years and have a diverse client base spanning verticals including Financial Services, Banking, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and the UK Government. Cloud is their specialism and they've delivered projects worth north of £1bn in the last few years, with 2021 looking even better.Role Overview
Your role will play a huge part in that specialism, acting in a technical (hands on) capacity, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to help create and deliver the best solution to meet the customer's needs. You will be empowered and encouraged to work in an innovative manner, bringing your own ideas to the table and putting your own spin on things. Moreover, you will be given a chance to spend x1 day per week doing your own personal/research projects to ensure you always remain fully up to date from a technology standpoint.Travel & Working Patterns
Your role will be home-based, with client-site travel expected (3 days' per week) once COVID is in the rearview mirror (you will be 100% remote for the next 3-6 months as a minimum). Their clients are located in the North West, Midlands and Yorkshire and you will have any travel expensed covered by the organisation.Role Requirements
In terms of their expectations from you, rather than copying and pasting the JD, I have decided to pick out the key requirements below:
- Cloud - You must have proven commercial experience working with either Google Cloud (GCP), Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- DevOps Tools & Tech - 'DevOps' covers a broad range but if you have skills in the following then you're somebody I would like to speak with - Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Linux, Windows, Chef etc.
- Stakeholder Management - Proven experience working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, with prior consulting experience a bonus.
- Delivery - Knowledge of Agile/Waterfall delivery methods.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive base salary (£70,000 - £85,000), alongside annual bonuses (10-15%), pension contributions (9%), private healthcare and fully expensed Cloud certifications. You will also benefit from a generous annual tech/kit budget.Next Steps
In order to apply, please contact me using the following methods:
Anything discussed during the application process will remain confidential and any submissions will be fully compliant with GDPR
- Telephone - 0191 338 7540
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'