An award winning IT company are seeking a Technical Head of IT / Platform Manager to join ASAP. The client is situated in Manchester, however the position is working remotely.
Successful Candidates MUST have pharma/biotech/bio-medicine/clinical discovery industry experience.
We are seeking motivated individuals to head up the platform development and become a key figure in the businesses growth. There is also the chance to progress to CTO level within the business. Key responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the long-term vision of the infrastructure.
- Be engaged in the day to day operations of the platform and work closely with the product manager to ensure customer and user requirements are actualised within the platform.
- Lead a talented team of data scientists, back-and front-end engineers to build and maintain a data platform, API and web application, as well as facilitating the provision of data for our professional services work.
- Be engaged in continuous infrastructure analysis, optimization and consolidation, following the addition of new features.
- Supervise and be engaged in the implementation of CI/CD pipelines for multiple systems across our platform.
- Be engaged in automated infrastructure provisioning and post provisioning automation using Terraform.
- Be engaged in data engineering practices, continuously optimizing our data pipelines and data warehousing practices.
- Oversee and be engaged in efficient development operations that balance service reliability and delivery speeds.
Key skills and experience:
- Be a driver of DevOps culture, setting best practices across the company.
- 7+ years professional software delivery with extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle, having built and maintained complex pipelines in various enterprise-level CI and CD software.
- Extensive experience with Linux, Python, Java, and Bash.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and overseeing operations of a cloud computing platform.
- Supervising and training junior members of staff, setting best practices, fostering a healthy workplace environment and culture.
Additional skills required (not essential):
- Working with the senior management team to continue the company's growth.
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Garden and having designed and implemented Kubernetes-native applications.
- Experience with maintaining database and data warehouse technologies. Extensive knowledge of data engineering, such as setting up data pipelines in GCP Dataflow/Dataproc and working with data warehouses such as BigQuery. Familiarity with beam jobs.
- Highly skilled in Infrastructure as Code practices, including infrastructure testing and immutable infrastructure.
- Serious about automation, building single sources of truth and removing single points of failure.
- An eye for up-and-coming technologies and best practices.
- Background or strong interest in biological sciences. Knowledge of BioData problems pharmaceutical and biomedical research companies face.
Look forward to hearing from you.