I am working with an IT services business with an impetus on new technology and digital projects who are looking for a lead CLOUD NATIVE architect. This is a lead role that will likely lead into a chief architect or CTO role. This would suit someone who has moved from an on premis to cloud environment in the last few years. This requires someone with an extensive commercials background, Strong experience with IOT, Cloud native approach & a strong data background.
This client are a high level Google cloud user, so someone with an interest in progressing their knowledge or utilising existing Google knowledge would be advantageous. A heavy Data background is essential in this role and knowledge or AI & machine learning a must as well as a background working with payments.
This company are working on some very exciting digital projects that are getting a lot of interest & buy in from external businesses/investors. A real aptitude for high level digital projects is essential as well as an aptitude to move into a chief architect/CTO role within the next 6-12 months.
Role & Responsibilities
- Day to day management of company architecture
- Management of internal, offshore & 3rd party teams
- Work as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
- Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
- Architect and building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the GCP platform using core developer services
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
- Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures
- Advise on implementing GCP best practices
- Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise
Skills & Qualifications
- Serverless & big data experience
- Big query, Mongo
- High level big data experience
- Payments experience (Desirable)
- Strong commercial background
- Cloud experienced (AWS/GCP)