MARCUS: Consumer Engineering - Java Dev
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the consumer fintech division of Goldman Sachs.
We help millions of consumers by providing a multitude of financial products - loans, deposits, cards, and other financial tools.
We use modern architecture principles, collaborative development processes and continuous delivery approach.
Key tenets we apply when designing systems for our customers are value, transparency and simplicity. To achieve these, we rely heavily on decisions driven by data and automated with help of predictive analytics and machine learning.
As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we welcome leaders and contributors to join our team. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are building a team to spearhead the setup of a Consumer Engineering team in Warsaw.
The characteristics we appreciate are those of inspiring leaders and engineers with deep appreciation for their craft.
We need system designers ready to own the product life cycle from inception to running in production.
Great collaborators and team players will thrive and grow in this environment. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
You will develop financial products with direct impact on millions of consumers
Systems under your watch will be the primary sources of revenue for the organization
You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
You run it: engineers with assistance from global SRE guild are responsible for operation of systems they built
You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research and pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
Professional network: you will meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organization and the entire industry
Every person is a first class member of the team irrespective of location. You will be given the same caliber of work as colleagues from New York, London or San Francisco.SkillsSKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in one or more JVM languages: Java, Scala, Kotlin, Clojure
- Practical knowledge of Spring framework
- Familiar with one or more of the following: distributed systems, transactional services, NoSQL databases, distributed messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Culture of excellence and collaboration
- Practiced lean methodologies, like Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Ability to proactively establish trust with stakeholders up to executive level
- Experience using Kafka as messaging middleware
- Familiarity with high-scale NoSQL solutions like MongoDB
- Expertise in delivering SOA or microservices architecture
- Understanding of principles of Continuous Delivery, Devops and System Reliability Engineering
- Cloud infrastructure expertise, preferably AWS
- Experience in designing distributed systems
- Practical Test Driven Development
- High-scale performance optimizations
- Fintech experience will be a great asset