I am working with a growing bio-tech business who are looking to engage with a senior data scientist/computational biologist with a strong Bio-tech background.
This role would suit exceptional computational biologist with a speciality in natural language processing and systems biology.
You will work closely with the platform and data science team to apply your deep understanding of biology towards solving critical challenges in target, biomarker and drug discovery.
Key skills and experience:
- PhD focused on natural language processing and computational biology.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years computational biology experience within the biopharma industry.
- Must be able to code in Python or Java, with experience working with software engineering teams.
- Experience with knowledge graphs and applications of graph theory towards meeting systems biology challenges.
- Experience with building, maintaining, and leveraging ontologies and controlled vocabularies.
- Familiar with and comfortable using word embeddings and other AI and ML focused NLP/NLU algorithms.
- Extremely knowledgeable of the challenges of developing and applying algorithms to target, biomarker and drug discovery.
- An expert communicator, comfortable with presenting, report writing and dealing with clients within the biopharma industry.
- Has an outcome focused mindset with the ability to solve problems by working outside of any hypothetical boundaries in place.
Other experience required:
- Experience with network pharmacology and existing tools and databases.
- Experience with maintaining and interfacing with a range of database and data warehouse technologies. E.g. big query, SQL, Neo4J and other graph dbs.
- Recognise the value in testing and documentation in building scalable and stable platforms.
- An eye for up-and-coming technologies and best practices.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people (biologists, data scientists, developers, customers etc.).
- Ability to be productive in a distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule, and to motivate and mentor others to do the same.
- Excellent communications skills in the English language, both verbal and written, especially in online environments such as slack, email, video calls, etc.