PRODUCTION SCHEDULER SPECIALIST | PLYMOUTH MEETING, PA
$50K, BENEFITSRole / ResponsibilitiesProduction Control provides 24 x 365 on-site support of all production processing streams in a multi-platform environment. A key to providing this support is the on-site presence of a Production Analyst that is trained on the IQVIA products and familiar with the various tools and platforms on which these products run.
- Monitors the production environment, consisting of mainframe, UNIX, LINUX and NT platforms, using established tools.
- Responsible for first-level response to job failures within the production environment.
- Takes corrective actions when possible according to established SOP.
- Escalates issues requiring second-level support to appropriate individuals using the established call escalation procedures.
- Takes appropriate actions to ensure that processes are completed according to the schedule provided.
- Documents issues into the Problem Management system and conducts follow ups for proper resolutions.
- Informs relevant production support teams of outstanding issues that require further follow-up.
- Provides updated status of current environment and activities to the next shift at daily turnover meeting.
- Provides shift status to manager detailing issues that are impacting deliveries and require additional attention.
- Acts as a product-specific or procedural SME in the absence of Scheduling and/or manager onsite.
- Associate degree
- Previous experience in production environment is a plus
- Strong OS JCL & SDSF skill set required
- Proficiency in Cybermation/ESP scheduling software package.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of UNIX and NT environments
- Experience with QMS Service Center or equivalent problem management tool
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Knowledge of IQVIA Standards and products a plus
Department coverage is 24 x 7 x 365. Candidate must be able to work a rotating 3-day work week consisting of 12.5 hour shifts that alternates between dayshift and nightshift including weekends and holidays when assigned.Hours
- FRI: 9 am - 5 pm for first 2 - 4 months of trainingWhen Hired: Work
in a 3 Day - 12.5 Hr Shift Rotations (10 am - 10 pm or 10 pm - 10 am)
Shifts alternate every 3 months between daywork and nightwork.
Shifts also include Weekends and Holidays (if scheduled).