Computational BiologistPython, Java, SQL, R, NLPBiotechnologyRemote
A very exciting new opportunity has come available with a new biotechnology company. This client has produced an artificial intelligence led platform which captures and uses curation of text to provide and vital information to scientists and organisations developing novel drugs.
They are looking for a Computational Biologist with expertise in Python and NLP to join them at what is an essential period of exciting growth for the company which will elevate them to the next level. This role holds a lot of responsibility, working closely with the CEO and will likely evolve into a lead/management role within 6 - 9 months. Experience required:
- PhD focused on natural language processing and computational biology.
- Computational biology experience within the biopharma industry.
- Must be able to code in Python or Java, with experience working with software engineering teams.
- Network/Systems Biology
- Experience with knowledge graphs and applications of graph theory towards meeting systems biology challenges.
- Experience with building, maintaining, and leveraging ontologies and controlled vocabularies.
- Familiar with and comfortable using word embeddings and other AI and ML focused NLP/NLU algorithms.
- Extremely knowledgeable of the challenges of developing and applying algorithms to target, biomarker and drug discovery.
- Experience with network pharmacology and existing tools and databases.
- Experience with maintaining and interfacing with a range of database and data warehouse technologies. E.g. big query, SQL, Neo4J and other graph dbs.
Competitive salary and equity on offer. ***Please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration***