Java DeveloperSpring, Hibernate, Google Web Toolkit (GWT)PermanentLondon
Excellent opportunity for a Java software engineer with extensive experience in writing code on cloud platforms, preferably Google Cloud. Our client is a young innovative Data company that partner with some of the worlds leading retails companies to help influence online buying behaviours. Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a low-latency, high-throughput platform that is responsible for capturing, validating, enriching, storing and serving billions of data points a day.
- Build and manage core systems that are responsible for generating and serving recommendations.
- Architect and build scalable microservice systems
- Understand business problems and translate them into technical solutions.
- Instrument, test and deploy your code to production
- Build and scale applications, using CI/CD
- Extensive Java experience
- Spring or Hibernate
- Google web toolkit [GWT]
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and big data systems.
- Experience building and maintaining data-intensive applications using technologies like Apache Beam, Cloud Dataflow, Apache Spark, Cloud Bigtable, Redis.
- Experience building + deploying microservices using Java and Go.
- Experience working with cloud technology, preferably GCP or AWS.
- Proficient in SQL
- Excellent communication skills
This is a forward thinking, progressive young data firm that are using state of the art techniques and technology to deliver the best possible services to some of the worlds biggest retails brands. As well as working with a team of some of the strongest engineers in the country you will be offered a competitive salary, development budget, pension, flexible working, private healthcare and more.
Please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.