Data Engineering LeadGCP, AWS, AzureHadoop, Spark, SQL, Looker, Tableau, Python, R, FirestorePermanentRemote Summary:
A fantastic new opportunity has just arisen in one of the fastest growing IT Services firms in Europe! My client is looking for a Data Engineering Lead with extensive cloud experience (ideally in GCP but AWS and Azure considered) to lead and develop a team of Data Engineers, Scientists and Analysts in delivering client facing projects. This is a new position in a fast growing company that saw massive growth in what was generally a tough year for the economy in 2020. Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Lead and develop a team of data engineers
- Responsible for technical decision making on project delivery
- Partner with clients and translate requirements into technical designs and follow through to delivery
- Advise clients on modern data engineering processes to find solutions to their challenges
- Develop and improve your teams data engineering skills by designing your own learning and development plan.
- Work closely with the CTO to develop Go To Market strategies for the firms Data Engineering and Machine Learning offerings.
- A minimum of five years commercial experience in the area of data engineering or machine learning
- Confident communicator both written and verbally
- Extensive hands-on experience with at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure), including the use of their data related components to build solutions.
- Experience working in complex corporate customer environments.
- Experience designing and building large data architectures
- Strong experience building ETL / ELT pipelines, Data Lakes and Data Warehouses
- A good understanding of some of the following:
- Hadoop / Spark
- Apache Airflow
- Apache Beam
- Relational database technologies (Microsoft SQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL)
- Analytical tools (Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Data Studio)
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experienced in using unit testing and CI / CD
- Ability to think in abstract terms about application structures and strong understanding of security integration implications on this structure
- A passion for all things programming, databases, data, big and small
- GCP/AWS/Azure professional certifications. We're a Google partner, but principles from other cloud providers apply.
- Masters or Doctorate in Maths, Data Science or similar
This role would be a great opportunity for an experienced data manager/team lead or a senior Data Engineer looking to make the step up. There is huge amount of growth opportunity here as well one of the best learning and development programs on the market. Additional to this is Remote working, competitive salary, Private Healthcare, unlimited holiday, Discounted Gym membership, Childcare vouchers, pension, wellbeing allowance and more! ***Please apply with your latest CV for immediate consideration***