Systems Engineer | Dulles, VA | Salary, Travel, Benefits
Seeking a team of Systems Engineer who feeds off the opportunity of rolling up their sleeves to take on meaningful problems each and every day. The Systems Engineer will join a team responsible for platform infrastructure design for a critical national asset. Role / Responsibilities
Join a team responsible for platform infrastructure design for a critical national asset. This includes operating system, COTS Stack, server, network and storage hardware design, and configuration of private cloud environments.
- Possess knowledge and experience with network infrastructure technologies, services, operations, and security.
- This position may require some on call support and overtime as well and limited (<20%) travel as required for installation and troubleshooting support.
- Experience designing COTS infrastructure and private cloud environments
- Current Secret US Government Clearance required
- Proficiency in matching system requirements to compute capabilities and the knowledge and ability to select specific hardware and infrastructure to meet those requirements
- Proficient working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization (VMware)
- Proficient at building, and configuring servers running Linux RHEL
- Knowledge and experience with Application and Security protocols, such as Solarwinds, HBSS, Certificates & Tokens, RSA, McAfee SIEM, McAfee SIEM, McAfee IPS/IDS, Rubrik Host Backup System, SAN storage, and Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware's product line
- Experience in working with highly hardened/secure environments
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for O/S builds, software installation and configuration
- Experience with DISA STIGs
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
A degree in Science, Technology Engineering or Math (STEM), or related STEM degree program with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology and 4 years of relatable experience. Ready to Apply?
Contact me for further information about this position. email@example.com | 813-437-6973 ______________________________________________________________________________
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Tech jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is, of course, guaranteed. I can be contacted for information on the IT market and some of the opportunities that are available