I am working with an extremely exciting bio-tech business who are looking to recruit for an experienced business development/sales consultant to support their growth plans within the bio medical research space. This is an exciting role that will play a big part in the growth of this business & development of some cutting edge technology in the industry.
The successful candidate will have a background of business development & sales in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and ideally have contacts within the space to be able to hit the ground running within an extremely fast growing business who have an excellent product to take to market.
Average deals exceed £250,000 and with a highly competitive commission structure you can expect double OTE within first year & more moving into 2nd year.
Role & Responsibilities
- Deliver the on target earnings via agreed KPI's for the role which will include revenue growth from new business as a result of driving initiatives, driving the long-term pipeline value in terms of success fees, milestones and royalties.
- Act as a high-profile ambassador for the Company, identifying opportunities to present talks at leading conferences and networking with target customers on a regular basis. Travelling extensively to interact with prospective customers when needed.
- Play an active role within the sourcing and growth of securing new clients while strengthening current client accounts through utilising industry contacts within new and our desired target segments.
- Utilising your knowledge of data curation ontologies, text analytics, natural language processing, text-mining, knowledge management & computational biology, to enhance the quality of our products when identifying how we can help solve client problems, relaying opportunities to the technical developers.
- Work closely with professional services and the technical team to understand the clients' requirements and enhance the product pitches and related proposals.
Skills & Qualifications
- A proven deal sheet with a track record of high consistent sales and meeting revenue targets
- Good scientific credentials, qualifications ideally in life sciences to PhD level (but at least to first degree level).
- Ideally 10+ years of business development or sales experience selling data or enterprise solutions into the pharma industry
- Account-based marketing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of data curation including ontologies, text analytics, natural language processing, text-mining, knowledge management & systems biology, all within drug discovery is highly desirable.
- Have an extensive contacts list within our target segments, to supplement our existing customer base and network of opportunities. In particular, with discovery groups in big pharma.
- Experience in Business-to-Business relationships, pipeline planning, funnel (sales) management.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record
- A willingness to undertake significant travel to clients. Additionally, travel is required to internal meetings, conferences, and exhibitions.
- Results focussed: Sense of urgency to build pipeline and close deals that are in the long-term growth interests of the company
- Has good business acumen: able to combine negotiating skills with significant scientific depth to identify and secure business opportunities
- Demonstrates first-class communication ability, with the credibility and skills of persuasion that are required to present arguments in a diplomatic, clear, concise, and logical manner, and to influence others positively
- The ability to think laterally, and to implement tactics that will lead to the evolution of both sales activities and corporate relationships
- Is a strong team player with the flexibility to work in multi-disciplinary teams with a wide range of personalities.