Big Data EngineerLocation:
140721-SMBDEABig Data EngineerThe company and the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Engineer who will be confident designing solutions for the extraction, manipulation, modelling and productization of large data sets. As one of the leading ad networks in the business, our client generates huge amounts of data on a daily basis, presenting unique challenges that require creative and highly scalable solutions. This is an opportunity that will allow you to grow and contribute in a competitive and friendly environment.
Their main solution is a fast Java-based recommender system, operateing a Hadoop+Spark cluster for all data operations and the machine learning work is mostly done in Python and Jupyter.
If successful you will become a part of the team and have access to the latest technology, our cool, pet-friendly office in the city centre, health insurance, team building events and e-learning platforms to further your development.
This company really takes care of you both personally and professionally. Read on for more infoRoles and Responsibilities:
- Adopt industry best practices and technologies in our products
- Work in evolving Java, Go and Python environments
- Extract and manipulate terabyte-scale data sets
- Create, maintain and analyze the performance of machine learning models, and bring them into production
- Design scalable solutions for our in-house recommendation systems
- Follow and improve our minimal and sane development process
- Proficiency with UNIX / Linux based environments
- Great understanding of SQL
- Hands-on experience building scalable distributed systems
- Data manipulation and machine learning experience with Apache Spark or similar
- Strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills
For more information regarding this role or to apply please contact Stephen Manuel on 0191 300 1865 or via email with your CV attached, the role you're applying for and the reference number as the subject (please see top of the page) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Recruitment Group is a global leader in staffing for IT professionals. We're backed by TPG Growth, one of the world's leading private equity firms, which counts Airbnb, Survey Monkey, and Spotify amongst its portfolio. Since 2006, we've helped to connect businesses of all sizes with permanent and contract workers; from start-ups in need of a single developer to international enterprise clients building a complete team in a new country. We launched with a simple mission: to become the experts in recruitment for niche and emerging technology markets. Over a decade later, we have seven brands working out of 20+ offices in nine countries and more than 1,600 recruitment consultants dedicated to finding the very best talent.
For more information, visit frankgroup.com.