Senior Java Engineer | London / Remote | Global Bank | £60,000 - £80,000 (Base)
I am engaged in partnership with an award-winning and innovative Bank, headquartered in London, who are looking to hire x2 Senior Java Engineers with proven experience in Java/Spring. The roles are newly released (purely growth-driven) and sit within their Digital Platforms function, part of a company-wide Cloud migration project and focusing on new feature development and innovation.Working Patterns
You will be working fully remotely for the remainder of 2021 with an expectation that you will be in the office (London) 2 days' per week post-COVID (this is obviously flexible on a case-by-case basis). It is important to stress that this is not a fully remote role indefinitely (I know some adverts have been catching candidates out!) so it is worth bearing that in mind when applying.Role Overview
Simply put, this is a hands-on engineering position with a focus on supporting the Technical Lead and Engineering Manager, as well as acting as an SME for all things Java. You will be an integral part of their Agile project team and will be involved in the full SDLC, with opportunities to progress into either a Technical Architect or Engineering Manager role in the longer term.Role Requirements
In terms of their main expectations from you, rather than copying and pasting the JD, I have decided to pick out the key requirements below:
- Proven commercial experience developing enterprise Java applications, ideally using the core Java stack (e.g. Java 8-11, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven).
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience working with Serverless/Microservices based architectures.
- Experience using development tools including Git, Jenkins and Docker.
- Good knowledge of MVC framework.
- Experience of engineering best practices, engineering standards and testing processes.
- Good experience mentoring/coaching other Software Engineers.
In return, you will gain the following:
- Base salary ranging from £60,000 - £80,000 (depending on experience).
- Discretionary annual bonus/reward (typically 15-30% at this grade).
- Company pension sceme (they contribute up to 13%).
- Erollment to their share scheme.
- Flexible benefits fund of 4% of base salary (this can be taken as cash or spent on extra perks).
- Private medical cover.
- Holiday allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours.
So if you've read this advert and think 'this sounds pretty interesting' then why not apply? In order to do so, please contact me using the following methods:
Anything discussed during the application process will remain confidential and any submissions will be fully compliant with GDPR. Please note that this role does not accept applications from candidates who require visa sponsorship.
- Telephone - 0191 338 7540
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn - 'Liam Haghighat'