Head of Architecture | London / Remote | Global Tech Scale-Up | £140,000 - £180,000
I am exclusively engaged with a Global Tech Organisation (with offices in the US and Europe) who are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Architecture to be based out of their new London office. Founded in 2015, these guys are now valued at around $1bn and are going through a sustained period of growth, with this role being part of a recruitment drive aiming to set up a 'Technology Centre of Excellence' in London.Role Overview
The Head Architecture is a key leadership role within the Engineering function and you will report directly into the VP of Engineering as well as the CTO. Working closely with Engineering and Product, you will shape, design and deliver their technology roadmap, as well as providing day-to-day leadership and management of a team of Solutions Architects. Whilst this role isn't admittedly 'hands on', it is important that you come from a technical background (ideally software engineering) and are comfortable having in-depth technical discussions. Moreover, this team is going through a period of hiring so experience scaling/growing technology teams would be a huge bonus!Working Patterns
Despite this role being classed as 'based in London', in reality you will only be expected to spend 1/2 days' per week in the office post-COVID. This role will support flexible/remote working so it is unlikely you will ever be in the office full time. There is also an expectation for travel (New York, Spain, France) maybe once or twice per year - post-COVID.
Please note that this role does not accept applications from candidates based outside the UK.Key Requirements
In terms of their expectations, I have decided against copying and pasting the JD and thought it would be more useful to summarise the key requirements - see below:
- Leadership & People Management - Proven commercial experience working in a 'Head of Architecture' or 'Senior Architect' capacity, with experience managing other Architects.
- Engineering Methods & Processes - Commercial experience and knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD.
- Product Background - You should ideally come from a product background (product lifecycle experience).
- Software Architecture Background - Experience working in a software/application architecture environment (e.g. Microservices, Event-Driven, Serverless, Distributed Systems etc.).
- Stakeholder Management - Proven experience working with technical and non-technical stakeholders (up to c-level).
- Cloud Solutions - Your core focus (ideally) should be designing and delivering solutions in a Cloud-focused environment, with AWS being the preference. Certifications aren't essential but they are nice!
The Frank Recruitment Group are this organisation's exclusive recruitment partner so in order to apply, please contact me via the following:
Please note that this role does not offer visa sponsorship. Moreover, all conversations relating to this role will remain confidential and all applications will strictly adhere to GDPR.
- Email - email@example.com
- Telephone - 0191 338 7540
- LinkedIn - 'Liam Haghighat'