Software Engineer - Securities Lending Technology MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Securities Lending facilitates the short sale of securities, helping our clients manage risk and maintain liquidity. We build the technology that powers the Securities Lending business, in which GS is the global market leader.
What distinguishes our technical team is that we cover full lifecycle of our business - we design and develop platforms that provide pre-trade and trade functionality, trading analytics, reporting, and post trade operational functionality. That's something you get in touch with only in our team!
What we're doing:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR Basic qualifications
- We own more than 100 of services helping our business users front-to-back
- We are transforming our stack onto microservices architecture (already in progress)
- Our systems are often high availability, high throughput, mission-critical systems
- The applications we develop include inventory and risk management, calculating client accruals, facilitating trading flows, automated system-driven trading
- We use Java 8/11, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Spring, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hazelcast, Git
- Testing is important for us. We use: JUnit, AssertJ, Mockito, WireMock
- We engage strongly with our users so you will have the opportunity to interact with them
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science)
- Solid knowledge of Java 8/11, JUnit
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and algorithms
- At least 5 years of commercial experience working in a complex technical environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Kafka Streams
- Distributed caching such as Hazelcast.
- noSQL datastores such as MongoDB
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.