The Loans engineering team support multiple lending businesses within Goldman Sachs. These include the Investment Banking, Asset Management, Global Markets and Consumer and Wealth Management Divisions. As these businesses continue to expand rapidly they require continuous investment from engineering to support revenue growth, reduce risk, meet regulatory obligations and increase client satisfaction.
As part of Firm's digital strategy, there is a multi-year re-platforming of the Loans front-to-back flows for systematic capture of loan data and integrated workflows across businesses and control side to manage risk, achieve the highest level of data quality for external and internal reporting, and help business growth and scalability. Your impact:
We're looking for a professional to join our engineering team who wants to use their skills and innovation to solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. How will you fulfil your potential:
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
- You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of Core Java, multi-threading, Spring and ORM frameworks
- Familiarity managing microservices with RESTful APIs built on application frameworks like Spring Boot / Drop Wizard / etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing.
- Collaborate with product owners and architects on making design decisions.
- Development of end user application with high scalability and high throughput.
- Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for improved software development processes.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies and Tools
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred or other professional qualifications.
- Experience with CICD - Gitlab (preferred), Jenkins, etc.
- Experience in designing, and developing applications in Cloud Environment AWS, GCP, Azure