Network Engineer (Residency)Location:
My client is an international multi-skilled solution provider providing digital enable services to help customers harness digital technology and innovative services to deliver powerful business outcomes.
This role will work directly with user to gather their requirement, the fault symptoms, provide and/or execute the resolution or work around based on security best practices. Responsibilities:
- Daily operational health checks for the IT infrastructure.
- Monitor alarms & report to customer via email/mobile (if any major severity seen.)
- Firmware update & patch management and ensure that the environment is bug/vulnerable free by keeping system with up-to-date software.
- Creation of change request plan and submit to customer operation manager or supervisor for review and approval.
- Maintain, track and update physical and logical diagram changes.
- Manage & track all cabling/ patching records.
- Work and liaise with appointed partners/vendor for necessary site survey and discussions.
- Preparing weekly ticket tracking list for outstanding & resolved tickets.
- Prepare and provide monthly equipment status (system events, severity alerts, violations, overall status, etc..) report to customer.
- Work with appointed vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure internal audit compliance.
- Ensure that all correspondence with customers is performed in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Work closely with various team of engineers (internal & external) for troubleshooting.
- Ownership on critical incidents for customers to deliver resolution within SLA.
- Troubleshoot production issues and network/security problems to fix any infra related issues and work with principal vendors and customer to provide the resolution within the proposed timelines.
- Perform L3 escalation to appointed partner and/or principal vendor.
- Performing RMA for hardware failures and replacement in production environment
- Perform health checks for the critical environments and ensure the systems running up to the standard and no potential failures.
- Setup staging and simulation for customer activities for critical jobs before actual tasks in production environment.
- Able to follow and meet customer SLA for all the incidents and requests.
- Take ownership of incidents and service delivery in customer's environment.
- Undertake escalation for networking related matters from desktop engineers, perform troubleshooting and hardware field replacement works for customers.
- Responsible for updating technical documentations for configuration changes.
- Responsible for opening and closing of support tickets in ServiceNow Platform providing timely updates to customer and service delivery manager for support cases that has been allocated to you.
- Raising Change Request (CH), Service Request (SR).
- Update CH to customer ITSM platform after each change.
- Update master equipment inventory list once new equipment is deployed or RMAed.
- Graduates in relevant fields of studies (IT, Infocomm, Com Science, Etc..)
- Ability to communicate fluently and write in the English language
- Candidates with CCNP certification are preferred.
- People with 1-2 years of IT related working experience are preferred.
- Looking for candidates will a strong interest/passion to learn and grow in the technology space.
- Candidate should be customer oriented and able to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Candidates should be willing to perform after office hours activities and standby duties
- Existing knowledge/certification for network operations including network, wireless, security technologies will be an added advantage.
Send your resume now to email@example.com
or call Renee (EA: R21100713) +65 31584456 to discover more about this and many positions which are currently available.
FRG Technology Consulting is the specialised delivery arm of Frank Recruitment Group - the global niche IT recruitment specialists. We focus on quick delivery to our Key Clients on roles that are traditionally that little bit more difficult to fill. We've established an exceptional reputation for delivering the very best professionals to our customers. By focusing solely on the niche IT field, our consultants are genuine experts, meaning they not only fully understand the market, but have built solid relationships with the widest range of vendors, customers and specialists looking to progress their career.
We've worked hard to build a reputation for delivering only the very best professionals to our customers. Our top-level service has assisted vendor channel partners, global manufacturing businesses and SMEs attract and retain the right people for their business.
EA License Number: 11C3017
EA Personnel Number: R21100713