Screening is core capability within Compliance. The ability to screen all relationships the bank is exposed to within a timely manner to reduce/keep the banks risk exposure within the required tolerance level is core to the bank.
The Screening Solution Architect will support the Screening Head of Architecture in defining, owning and delivering (with the support of the respective engineering teams) the Compliance Screening Architecture. This will entail working with all key stakeholders within the respective screening domain including business and IT service owners as well as supporting transformation and engineering PODs.
The solution architect will have strong communication skills able to act as a conduit between the business and technology, being able to articulate complex technology solutions both verbally and within design documents in a clear, concise manner based on the expected audience. With a confident but friendly approach assisting project teams do deliver upon the Screening strategic vision while also ensuring any deviations are governed appropriately.
The solution architect will have good problem solving skills and be able to assess risks with solution designs based on security, data, non-compliance of internal standards. Based on this assessment the solutions architect should be able to steer the solution in the right direction reducing the risk exposure.
- Help define the Compliance Screening Architecture.
- Analyze business requirements to design and develop right technical solutions using approved technology and software development tools and methodologies.
- Drive pragmatic approaches to solving key complex business problems through a variety of business intelligence tools. Ability to bring the right data technique to solve the problem in an explainable manner to business partners.
- Achieve business goals by fostering innovation and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future solutions.
- Estimate solution cost (including tools, tasks, complexity, resources and time).
- Establish appropriate implementation methodology to successfully develop and deploy the solution.
- Provide overall technical leadership to the cross-functional team - coordinating the technical resources through the successful delivery of all project deliverables.
- Lead team on analysis, design, and coding activities to ensure successful component and project delivery. Provide technical guidance and conduct review of project deliverables to ensure quality and standard process adherence.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Computer or Information Science, plus a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience of designing solution hosted on any major public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to work with a variety of Technologies; Databases, Java, Big data, Cloud Technologies, AI/ML and tools preferred.
- Any experience is the Compliance/Financial Crime Risk domain desirable.
- Experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modeling.
- Knowledge and understanding of business requirement analysis and design documentation of data and system architectures.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, and consulting skills, with a proven track record of using data to provide actionable business results.
- Ability to interact and influence across all organizational levels on technical or business solutions.
- Experience in validating an overall solution from the perspective of performance, scalability, security and capacity.
- Experience in matrix management type environments.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.