Job DescriptionBack End Java Developer - Associate
Role & Responsibilities
This role is for Engineer responsible for design, development and unit testing software applications. The candidate is expected to ensure good quality, maintainable, scaleable and high performing software applications are delivered to users in an Agile development environment. He / She should be coming from a strong technological background. The candidate should have experience working in Google Cloud Platform. Should be hands on and be able to work independently requiring minimal technical/tool guidance. Should be able to technically guide and mentor junior resources in the team. As a senior developer you will bring Java design and development skills to enforce the group of developers within a team. The candidate will extensively make use and apply Continuous Integration tools and practices in the context of the clients digitalization journey.
Skills & QualificationsKey Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Design and discuss your own solution for addressing user stories and tasks
- Develop and unit-test,
- Integrate, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Perform peer code review
- Actively participate into the sprint activities and ceremonies e.g. daily stand-up/scrum meeting, Sprint planning, retrospectives, etc
- Apply continuous integration best practices in general (SCM, build automation, unit testing, dependency management)
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve the Sprint objectives
- Report progress/update Agile team management tools (JIRA/Confluence)
- Manage individual task priorities and deliverables.
- Responsible for quality of solutions the he/she provides
- Contribute to planning and continuous improvement activities, Support the PO, Analyst and Scrum Master
Your skills, experience, and qualification:
- Knowledge and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pair working, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Has Java solution design and development experience for at least 5 years
- Has Java Spring Boot development experience
- Has practical and applied knowledge of design patterns (and anti-patterns) in Java in general and Java Spring Boot specifically
- Hands on experience working with APIs and microservices, integrating external and internal web services including SOAP, XML, REST, JSON
- Hands on experience in Google Cloud Platform.
- Has experience with cloud development platform: Spring Cloud; OpenShift/ Kubernetes/Docker configuration and deployment with DevOps tools e.g; GIT, TeamCity, Maven, SONAR.
- Experience in set-up, maintenance and ongoing development of continuous build/ integration infrastructure as a part of Devops. Create and maintain fully automated CI build processes and write build and deployment scripts.
- Experience with software design patterns and UML design
- Experience in integration design patterns with Kafka
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Familiar with Agile Team management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Understand and promote Agile values: FROCC (Focus, Respect, Openess, Commitment, Courage)
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active team player
- Comfortable working in multi-disciplinary, self-organised teams
- Professional knowledge of English
- Differentiators: knowledge/experience about
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above