MARCUS: CARDS ENGINEERING
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is a consumer fintech division of the company.
We help millions of consumers with multitude of financial products, like lending, deposits, financial tools, and cards.
Our partnership with Apple on Apple Card resulted in one of industry's largest and most successful credit card launches.
We use modern architecture principles, collaborative development processes and continuous delivery approach.
Key tenets we apply when designing systems for our customers are value, transparency and simplicity.
To achieve those we rely heavily on decisions driven by data and automated with help of predictive analytics and machine learning.
As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we welcome leaders and contributors to join our team.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are building a team to spearhead the set up of Cards Engineering center of excellence in Warsaw.
The characters we appreciate are those of inspiring leaders and engineers with deep appreciation for their craft.
We need system designers ready to own the product life cycle from inception to running in production.
Great collaborators and team players will thrive and grow in this environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will develop financial products with direct impact on millions of consumers
- Systems under your watch will be the primary sources of revenue for the organization
- You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
- You run it: engineers with assistance from global SRE guild are responsible for operation of systems they built
- You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
- Professional network: you will meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organization and the entire industry
- Every person is a first class member of the team irrespective of location. You will be given the same caliber of work as colleagues from New York, London or San Francisco.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in one or more of JVM languages: Java, Scala, Kotlin, Clojure
- Practical knowledge of Spring framework
- Familiar with one or more of the following: distributed systems, transactional services, NoSQL databases, distributed messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Culture of excellence and collaboration
- Practiced lean methodologies, like Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Ability to proactively establish trust with stakeholders up to executive level
- Exposure to tech leadership/architecture responsibilities
- Experience with using Kafka as messaging middleware
- Familiarity with high-scale NoSQL solutions like MongoDB
- Expertise in delivering SOA or microservices architecture
- Understanding of principles of Continuous Delivery, Devops and System Reliability Engineering
- Cloud infrastructure expertise, preferably AWS
- Experience in designing distributed systems
- Practical Test Driven Development
- High-scale performance optimizations
- Fintech experience will be a great asset