The role falls within the "Data and Analytics" delivery centre of our clients Public Sector business. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of our client's business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on fraud, and respond to current Covid challenges.
This role is a unique chance to design, develop, test and support data and analytics software solutions, delivering key critical systems to the public sector.
You will be part of an Agile software delivery team working closely with software architects and supported by product managers, scrum masters and solutions architects. With additional client and key stakeholder interaction as required. Why this role?
Work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
You will work on the full range of software engineering principles; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and operational support.
You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring other team members. Why You? Skills:
Good to have experience in the following technologies:
- Must have experience in the following technologies:
- ETL toolset (Talend, Pentaho, SAS DI, Informatica etc)
- Database (Oracle, RDS, Redshift, MySQL, Hadoop, Postgres, etc)
- Data modelling (Data Warehouse, Marts)
- Job Scheduling toolset (Job Scheduler, TWS, etc)
- Programming and scripting languages (PL/SQL, SQL, Unix, Java, Python, Hive, HiveQL, HDFS, Impala, etc)
- Data virtualisation tools (Denodo)
- Reporting (Pentaho BA, Power BI, Business Objects)
- Data Analytics toolset (SAS Viya)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- ALM Tooling (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- CI/CD toolsets (Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Test Automation (TOSCA)
You should have experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale data analytics solutions and the ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle, as well as some experience in the following:
- Awareness of devops culture and modern engineering practices
- Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
- Proactive in nature, personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
- Excellent communications skills including stakeholder management