Senior Platform Engineer
Join the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world's leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT modernisation, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We are trusted by many well-known businesses, government and education establishments around the world. We have recently appeared in Deloitte's UK Tech Fast 50, Sunday Times Top Track 100, and received recognition within Deloitte Fast 500 EMEA and Northern Tech awards.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people spread across offices in Manchester, Edinburgh and Utrecht as well as our remote workforce that are spread globally. We're still growing and that means we need more ambitious people who share our vision to learn and grow.Role Overview:
As a Senior Platform Engineer you will be at the forefront of cloud technology using your skills for a variety of undertakings. You will meet with customers, potentially at the early sales stage, assessing and understanding their technical requirements.
This is a real end to end role. You will be expected to take a project from the information and discovery stages through initial concept and design to implementation, build and support.
Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and software is a given and you will be expected to investigate the use of new technologies as they become available.Responsibilities:
- Work with customers to translate requirements into technical designs and follow this through to delivery of the solution
- Design, plan and build highly available, global and Cloud native platforms
- Advise customers on modern software and architecture techniques such as 12 factor, microservices and serverless
- Identify optimisation opportunities across customer environments and lead their design and implementation
- Develop internal tooling for the wider Platform Team
- Assisting customers in understanding how cloud technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers
- Mentoring junior members of the team and helping to drive their development ● On-call duties (roughly 1 week in 5) with a generous rate paid above salary
- Extensive hands-on experience with at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Great communication (in person and written) skills
- You're proactive and you like to solve problems. You want to get involved and make things happen, ensuring the best outcomes for your team, the business and our customers
- Previous experience in a consultancy or professional services role
- Ability to write tooling in at least one programming language
- A thorough understanding of Terraform and deployment methodologies associated with the tool
- Solid knowledge of cloud architecture principles and highly available systems
- Understanding of application development, delivery and infrastructure automation ● Commercial Kubernetes operational experience ● Experience with some of the following:
○ Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker)
○ Configuration management tooling (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
○ Excellent understanding of the Linux operating system (e.g. Debian, CentOS)
○ Continuous integration and deployment tool sets (e.g. Jenkins, ArgoCD, GoCD)
○ Common DevOps technology stacks (e.g. ELK, NGINX, Apache, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, Consul)
○ Site Reliability Engineering
○ Database technologies including MySQL and PostgreSQL ○ Serverless and microservice architecturesDesirable Skills:
- GCP/AWS professional certifications
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Previous experience in a SRE or DevOps role
This role can be based from our office in Manchester, Edinburgh, Utrecht, or remote based.Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Private healthcare scheme
- Company contributed pension (matched up to 5%)
- Death in Service - 4x Annual Salary
- Flexible working culture
- Unlimited paid holidays - We don't restrict you to your annual quota
- Bi-annual company events, an opportunity to meet colleagues you don't see every day (post-covid)
- Regular opportunities to attain industry recognised training and certifications
- Opportunity to develop within a fast growing tech business with ambitious year on year growth trajectory
- Market leading parental leave policies
- Various wellbeing initiatives, including external financial advisory service, remote yoga sessions and mental health support services.
- Exclusive access to discounts & rewards programme, including Gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- High spec equipment (laptops, phones, etc.)
At CTS, we look after each other and support everyone on our team. We're proud of our people-centred culture; our diversity brings us innovation and our commitment to inclusion drives us forward. If you fancy joining one of our teams, get in touch today.