Senior Front-End Developer - Marquee Engineering GLOBAL MARKETS
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with colleagues who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONSMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a front-runner in global financial markets. Marquee is a product focused team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
As an engineer within Marquee, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping our client's experience by creating new technology motivated businesses to externalize our core analytics and data to both existing clients and entirely new markets. At times you will be asked to step into the trading floor environment and at others you will be called upon to guide the choices of governance. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
Using best in class open source technologies, we are scaling to a multitude of API calls which are used by clients across the globe. We are pursuing engineers across the stack who enjoy working in a client focused and agile environment; from those who are apt in developing low latency, scalable and resilient solutions through colleagues passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONSBasic Qualifications
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
- 6+ years of professional experience developing web applications
- Ability to design a complex user interface with minimal assistance
- Experience with front-end development libraries such as React.JS or Angular
- Experience with mainstream web transports such as REST and WebSockets
- Familiarity with unit-testing and end-to-end testing frameworks
- Knowledge about popular design patterns and algorithms
- Knowledge of financial markets is preferred, but not required
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design opportunities in technology and finance
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds