Global Markets Division (GMD): Structured Finance & Lending (SFL) Engineering: Front End Engineer (Consultant) Structured Finance & Lending
(SFL) Engineering Team within Global Markets Division
(GMD) is responsible for designing, developing and supporting applications for Structured Lending Businesses and Clients. Our focus has been to create Structured Lending Platform
as part of the GS Marquee
strategy which covers a wide spectrum of asset classes such as Loans, Repurchase Agreements (Repos), Asset-Backed Securities and Derivatives. This role offers a unique opportunity to work with the Structured Lending businesses and Strats in GMD to deliver solutions using latest technology stack while learning finance. Responsibilities:
- Design and implement front-end applications that interfaces with backend servers and APIs.
- Passionate about implementing responsive and user friendly interfaces.
- Write high quality code that is robust, readable and scales.
- Possess the drive to dive deep, thrive and progress even in ambiguous situations.
- Encourage and support knowledge sharing within team and external groups.
- Work in an agile environment focused on the most important deliverable for our clients.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing dynamic front-end web-based applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of work experience, or Masters' Degree with more than 3+ year work experience in Software Development.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in Data Structures, Algorithms, Complexity Analysis, Object-Oriented Design and Designing Large Scale Data-Intensive Applications.
- Excellent Analytical and Communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally.
- Solid understanding of the web development process from the layout/user interface to services layer
- Working knowledge with AG-Grid, Golden Layout, MobX, Ramda, OpenFin, D3, Bootstrap, or PostCSS
- Familiarity with Git-based version control (Gitlab, GitHub)
- Familiarity in Python or Java, MongoDB or Redis,
- Familiarity in ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) or Prometheus + Grafana
- Proficiency in Linux, Bash, JSON and SQL
- Knowledge of Credit products like corporate bonds/loans, credit default swaps, total return swaps is a plus.
- Knowledge of Slang/SecDB is a plus (for internal candidates)