Cloud Infrastructure Engineer | 100% Remote | Starting at $160KThe Company
We love to follow our core values:Make them raveBe data-drivenBe one step aheadBe a change agent Do the right thing
Join our company and see why we have been named the 2019 and 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year
.Role / Responsibilities
As a Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will work collaboratively to deliver high quality infrastructure projects on Google Cloud Platform for our cloud and hybrid-cloud customers. You will have an opportunity to work on real-world problems facing our customers in the field. Engagements vary from being purely consultative to requiring heavy hands-on work, and cover a range of domain areas, such as workload migrations from on-prem or other clouds to GCP, standing up experimental infrastructures on GCP, building hybrid-cloud solutions on top of Kubernetes and Anthos, and developing fully automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Run point on whole projects, end-to-end, and to mentor less experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineers.
- Build a reputation with Google and our customers.
- Demonstrate repeated delivery of project architectures and critical components that other engineers demur to you for lack of expertise.
- Participate in early-stage opportunity qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions for established projects.
- Google Cloud Architect Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment.
- Technical mastery of networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers, etc), and architecting/developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments.
- Applied experience migrating complex, multi-tiered workloads from on-prem to the cloud, including provisioning the target infrastructure and executing cutover plans that minimize system downtime.
- Applied experience delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Packer.
- Applied experience delivering continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, utilizing techniques like blue/green and canary deployments, with tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, and Spinnaker.
- Working knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning, and performance tuning.
Ready to Apply?
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Experience being an administrator on a variety of Linux distributions.
- Experience with information security practices and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, or other virtualization software
Contact me for further information about this position. email@example.com | 813-437-6973 ______________________________________________________________________________
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Tech jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is, of course, guaranteed. I can be contacted for information on the IT market and some of the opportunities that are available