About the company:
FRG Technology Consulting in collaboration with our client who are a rapidly growing team that is pioneering the development of autonomous farming technology. They are dedicated to revolutionising the farming industry by introducing new farming practices enabled by robotic technology. The company within Australia and are leading the way in transforming the agricultural space with the deployments of autonomous robots.
We are seeking a Mechatronic Engineer to join the growing team. In this role, you will play a key role in evaluating and validating engineering solutions devised by the development team. Your expertise will be crucial in providing constructive feedback to developers, identifying areas for improvement, and ensuring the excellence of our products. You will be responsible for installing, connecting, integrating, and testing advanced hardware solutions. This challenging role requires exceptional problem-solving skills and a passion for unravelling complex hardware and software-related issues. Responsibilities:
- Conduct field testing with robots on commercial farms, collecting data and running tests to continuously improve the product.
- Perform hardware and software testing, including functional and regression testing, to ensure product quality and reliability.
- Assist the customer support team in resolving escalated issues to keep commercial robots operational.
- Collaborate with partners on integration, development, and testing of new products.
- Collaborate with the development team to execute test plans and report bugs or issues with the software.
- Integrate hardware and software components into a complete system, ensuring seamless operation.
- Develop and maintain software tools and scripts to support testing and integration processes, including data analysis tools.
- Implement solutions to resolve complex technical issues, using problem-solving skills to identify and address problems at their source.
- Design, build, and maintain test setups for hardware systems, including electrical, mechanical, and software components.
Nice to have:
- Although this is a technical role, a candidate with a Farming/Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering background and a can do attitude with a keenness to learn will be highly regarded.
- Technology, Engineering & Agriculture/Farming University Graduates are also encouraged to apply for this role.
Whats on offer:
- Experience in hardware and software testing and integration, including experience with electrical and mechanical systems.
- Hands-on skills and experience in wiring up electronics and fixing hydraulic issues.
- Understanding of programming languages such as Python/C++ and experience with software development tools such as Git and JIRA.
- Familiarity with industry-standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Ability and willingness to work in outdoor field environments, including commercial farms, and experience with field testing and data collection.
- Internal career advancement opportunities with rapidly expanding brand.
- Work with like-minded, ambitious and highly technical individuals in a tight-knit team.
- Quickly become an integral part of the organisation as they experience their growth phase.
- Working on the latest tools and technologies on revolutionary applications.
This position is interviewing now and is available for an immediate start.
*Please mention your VISA Status/Working Rights
in your Resume*
Ben Urbani(03) 8658 0718