This company's focal point and strength is to deliver solutions within AI/machine learning, scientific computing, networking, and cyber-security to tackle real life problems. They have built and deployed numerous solutions for small and large clients, we host seminars and lectures, and as a member of NORA (Norwegian AI Research Consortium) they act responsibly and believe in 'AI for good'.
This is a role for a start-up who have a mission to lead and redefine what is possible through digitalisation. They bridge the gap between academic discoveries and real-world applications. At the moment the core team consists of a mix of 11 data scientists, data engineers and software engineers. Most of them have a background within either mathematics/physics or computer science, and we work together in a highly collaborative and relaxed environment, using an agile-ish framework to structure our projects. ABOUT THE ROLE - CYBERSECURITY LEAD
They wish to expand their offerings to commercial customers via the company so are looking for someone to lead the initiative internally, role can be flexible depending on the person but they will be coming in as the expert in the area and have a lot of autonomy/responsibility to build the team and projects from scratch (with the technical help of the team.
Role will involve:
- Working hands-on in projects with researchers
- Building a team dedicated to cybersecurity (hiring and leading the team)
- Business development/sales to acquire new customers and projects for security solutions
The projects will be designing and tailoring cybersecurity solutions from scratch (nothing 'off the shelf') for completely new customers, bringing a lot of research work into practical solutions. You won't just be installing standard cyber security solutions.
So far the group have been working on research in:
- The security of cryptographic algorithms and exploring new applications of cryptography to solve real-world problems
- Applying techniques from the fields of information and coding theory to construct secure and robust distributed storage systems, design low-delay communications, and create multi-path protocols
- Secure and low latency communication
- Storage and computing
- 5+ years of experience
- Understanding of security architecture principles and the ability to design and implement secure systems and networks
- Proficiency in a variety of cybersecurity tools and technologies, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, antivirus software, encryption tools, and more.
- Experience with network security, application security, cloud security, and mobile security.
- Knowledge of various operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and Unix
- Understanding risk assessment methodologies and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Someone either from a strong academic/research background, or someone who has an interest in science and research is good
- Previous consulting experience would be beneficial
- Norwegian speaking preferred
- Must be able to get security clearance