I am currently working alongside a market leading client who are actively seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join their well established team.
The role is hybrid and the successful candidate will be required to work 1 day a week in office (Dudley/Crawley area).
It is required that the candidate will have prior experience in Domain Migrations, Active Directories, Data/App Migrations and have experience working on project based tasks. Responsibilities
- Active Directory / Active Roles license management. (Purchasing and inventory management)
- Active Directory / Azure Hygiene - Auditing and implementation of IT Best practices. (Removing stale objects, password management controls, LAPS etc)
- Active Directory Domain migrations
- Windows & Citrix Application Configuration & Data migrations
- EMEA Service Ownership (Windows, AD) - Work with the global service owner to deliver up to date heatmaps and implement global standards for the EMEA region.
- Ensure proactive measures are taken to ensure the high availability of services.
- Driving security standards in the EMEA region including remediation of OOS operating systems, security policies and infrastructure hardening.
- Uses system management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Carries out agreed system software maintenance tasks.
- Document tasks, system implementations and upgrades
- Carries out documented configuration, installation & maintenance of the systems as per the agreed operational procedure. Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution.
- Has good knowledge of system software products which are used by the organisation
- AD Infrastructure Services, Window Server operating systems, Citrix, Azure services
- Has a good knowledge of at least one of the following platforms
VMware, Dell Hardware, Active Directory Infrastructure, Citrix systems (1912+) including PVS Skills
- Displays a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets.
- Is familiar with IT hardware, software and operating procedures affecting own area of responsibility.
- Is familiar with all aspects of service delivery. Displays up to date knowledge of significant areas of operational and/or development environments
- Team work - Working cooperatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems / situations
- The knowledge and ability to install and maintain hardware systems in a way that ensures they operate within their planned specification and are safe to use by those authorised to work with them.
- Installation, testing and commissioning of supplier specific equipment and software in all legitimate operational environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of system hardware configurations. Examples: number of nodes, system capacity, synchronization, link speeds, external interfaces, features and facilities.
- Customer focus - Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Analytical thinking - Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
- Attention to detail - Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- ITIL ® Foundation in IT Service Management
- VCP,CCA-V or MCSE