This role is with an exciting company that specialises in creating and providing services to the insurance industry. They are looking for an experienced DBA to join their organisation. The role sits within the IT Development and Maintenance team. You will be responsible for cloud database administration, support, and maintenance. Working within the team that implements both public and cloud technologies, you will be required to provide data modelling diagrams as well as designing and documenting database architecture. This role is based in Zurich and they are currently following a hybrid working policy - 3 days in the office a week.
* Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
* Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
* Prepare documentations and specifications
* Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
* Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
* Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
* Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
* Understanding of MySQLs underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
* Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
* Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
* Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
* Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
* Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases.
If you're interested in hearing more info about the role or company then get in touch or apply.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 44 562 4536 for further details.