What you can expect:
We are seeking a professional like you to perform Senior Automation Engineering on a cloud based application developed by the in-house development team. The end solutions drive customer satisfaction, promote the application ecosystem, and generate revenue. While other projects may be diverse and forthcoming, the current products are designed to allow body shops, partners, and distributors in dozens of countries and speaking dozens of languages, a system to search for formulas, match paint finishes to products, mix solutions to paint vehicles, and manage paint operations. This involves high-tech IoT devices such as Spectrophotometers, Digitally Connected Scales, and Label Printers.
The Senior Automation Engineer's job will be to ensure applications are tested, comply with company and industry-standards, support customers, train various stakeholders, monitor site performance, and handle release deployments within the context of a DevOps framework while working closely with DevOps Engineers, QA team members and developers.
Your main responsibilities:
* Leveraging your education in Information Technology / Systems, Computer Science, Automation Engineering, Software Engineering, or Operations Management with your experience designing tests, conducting manual tests, and automating regression tests.
* Demonstrating your experience in application testing, along with current working knowledge of modern tools and testing methodologies, you will review, analyze, test, and communicate findings back to the development team to improve business critical solutions.
* Your strong test strategy and planning will serve you well as you develop well-defined test strategies, outline automation, and the overall test coverage within the digital landscape.
* Relying on your knowledge and experience with DevOps, you will be responsible for promoting a culture of automated integration, load testing, and the crucial role of continuous testing.
* Relying on your knowledge and experience with operations, you will be responsible for monitoring and delivering high quality support in an interdisciplinary environment.
* Utilizing your ability to understand complex business processes, you will contribute to product requirements using behavioral driven development.
* Working as a team player, you must be open to completing other tasks and duties as assigned or that may arise from a complex, dynamic working environment.
* Relying on your experience to be the principal player in monitoring and releasing in a DevOps framework while working closely with DevOps Engineers, QA members as well as Developers.
Our main requirements:
* Associate's / Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering with a specialization in Software Development and a solid understanding and skills in Object Oriented Programming, Test Driven Design, or Automation Engineering or equivalent experience
* At least 5 years of Software Testing combined experience with:
- Automated Integration Testing using Cypress
- Automated Integration Testing using Cucumber & Gherkin
- Azure DevOps Test Plans or equivalent tools
- Working on a DevOps team
* At least a year of experience with
- Testing mobile applications (PWA, IOS, Android)
- Configuring and deploying on the Azure Cloud
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and related tools
* Exhibits a firm understanding of the STLC, BDD, and OOPS
* Has an architectural mindset toward problem solving
* Solid understanding of software testing concepts, methodologies, and best practices
* Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including developers, product owners and designers
* Has a passion to go above and beyond while achieving solid goal completion in a strict 40-hour schedule
* One or more of the following certifications
- Certified Test Engineer (CSTE)
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
- Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST)
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board)
- Certified Manager of Software Quality
Nice to have:
* 5+ Years in a Quality Assurance / Automation Engineering role
* Agile Scrum Fundamentals, Product Owner or Scrum Master Certifications
* 1+ Years Load testing applications (using JMeter or variants thereof)
What's in it for you:
* A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
* Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
* Learning and development opportunities
* 23 holiday days per year
* Another 5 days (readjustment days) and 2 more (cultural days)
* A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment
* Being part of an international team and work in global projects
* Relocation assistance to Madrid provided