We are looking for Dutch-speaking Embedded Engineers for a Dutch company specializing in advanced cow monitoring systems. Situated on a farm in Utrecht, this innovative family business has revolutionized the industry. With a dedicated team of passionate colleagues, they have developed ear sensor technology that helps dairy farmers worldwide increase their farms' productivity and profitability. By improving cow health and relieving farmers of certain tasks, they aim to make a significant impact on the agricultural sector. Working in collaboration with partners, they distribute and provide support for their system across the globe.
As an Embedded Engineer, you will join a team of Firmware/Hardware Engineers, Hardware Testers, and the Product Owner. Your role will involve contributing to the ongoing development of sensor technology and the growth of the company. Passion for technology and a fun working environment are highly valued. This multidisciplinary team of driven specialists is responsible for enhancing the company's embedded software, utilizing technologies such as C and FreeRTOS. They develop and integrate various systems, including solar panels in pastures, antennas in barns, and the cooling locator "Find my Cow." The team's efforts also involve wirelessly providing the latest firmware updates to all Cow Manager devices, directly benefiting users worldwide.
The company's location offers a unique experience, with the opportunity to hear cows mooing, witness the ear sensors in action, and enjoy the picturesque Dutch surroundings. Working from a modern office within the farmyard, where the company was originally founded, you will gain firsthand understanding of the challenges faced by farmers. With a rich heritage spanning four generations of farmers, the company's founders realized that their work could be simplified and embarked on inventing the first ear sensors for cows. Since then, they have remained at the forefront of the industry worldwide. Today, Cow Manager is utilized by farmers in over 40 countries, empowering them to boost their businesses and monitor the welfare of their herds. You can learn more about the origins of the company.
- A college or university degree in Computer Science, Embedded Systems, or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Embedded Software development on various hardware platforms.
- Proficiency in C programming and Unit Testing.
- Familiarity with the customer base and the market in which the company operates.
- Variable year-end bonus
- Pension plan (2/3 covered by the company, 1/3 self-contributed)
- 25 leave days, based on a 40-hour workweek
- Monthly mileage allowance for commuting and business travel
- Monthly budget of €50 for working from home, based on a 40-hour workweek
- €500 budget for an ergonomic home workplace
- Annual vitality budget of €250, based on a 40-hour workweek
- Daily provision of free fresh fruit at the office
- Option to charge your electric car or e-bike at the office