As a member of our client's Platform Operations team, the Platform Operations Engineer will help in addressing operational needs of a mixed on-premises and cloud environment.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong background in Linux System Administration and Operations. They have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
The person should have a passion for automation and learning new skills and technologies especially in Ansible and DevOps area.
* Strong operational skills including support, troubleshooting on end user enquiries on linux platform (redhat enterprise)
* Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, etc
* Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary, to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB's data centre systems for upgrades and maintenance.
* Participate in permanently eliminating issues through automation.
* Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
* A Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent
* At least 2 to 5 years of Linux System Administration or Operations
* Strong background in Linux administration and Ansible. Understanding of core Linux concepts and technologies (LVM, systemd, memory/cpu/network/disk management and troubleshooting, Bash scripting)
* Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as NFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel
* Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues
* Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
* Good understanding of host and network security concepts
* Understanding of standard services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SSH, SNMP)
* Understanding of current monitoring concepts and tools (Prometheus, Nagios, Grafana etc)
* Familiarity with AWS or another cloud provider and familiarity with DevOps tools.