As a System Architect, your main responsibilitiy is to steer our advanced simulation system, empowering our customers to provide efficient and lifelike training experiences for students and crew, fostering essential skills that enhance safety, cost-efficiency, and sustainability at sea.
As a Software Architect, you'll be the visionary behind their simulators, making critical high-level design choices. Your role involves taking a holistic view of the existing code base, carefully selecting the right platforms, programming languages, frameworks, libraries, and technologies to seamlessly integrate new features. Additionally, you'll ensure that development teams adhere to best practices, coding standards, and technical requirements.
Your influence extends to shaping our company's technical infrastructure and software applications. This includes responsibilities such as system integration, collaboration with product owners and stakeholders, and crafting solutions that align with business needs. You'll join forces with a range of development teams in an agile environment, contributing to the design, development, testing, and maintenance of software systems.
Their current code base predominantly utilizes C# and C++Responsibilities
In your role, you'll be expected to:
Technical Skills and Experience
- Grasp, manage, communicate, and enforce their software architecture road-map.
- Define and meticulously document the architecture and design.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications for software applications.
- Provide high-level decision-making guidance throughout the software development process.
- Mentor and coach team members, including software engineers, programmers, and testers.
- Establish and maintain design and code standards.
- Act as a technical bridge between project managers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Ensure code standards are upheld through the review of pull requests.
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- A Master's degree in computer science, information technology, software architecture, or a related field.
- A passion for mathematics, physics, and engineering.
- Over 5 years of experience within a software development team.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming and software design patterns.
- Familiarity with software build tools, Microsoft Azure, and Visual Studio.
- Experience with software version control systems like Git.
- A background in agile software development methodologies like Scrum.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks, such as NUnit.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with fluency in English.
- A genuine enthusiasm for software architecture.
NATO clearance is needed for this role.