Established in 2005, my client now have 50 talented employees, having grown completely organically and in a very stable financial positon, already outpacing their competitors and firmly cementing themselves as the leading Platform for the Education sector in Sweden!
The platform allows you to create and follow up plans, documentation, asssessments and keep track of the curiculum, making for parents & teachers to optimize and streamline their processes and deliver a tailored education for every student!
They are in a great position, with exciting plans to continually scale the product in the coming years. The tech team is currently 18 people, broken down into 4 sub teams, Front & back end, Operations and design! They are currently looking to bring in an experience backend engineer, as-well as a backend team lead!
Based centrally in Stockholm, they have a flexible hybrid model, every other wednesday is required, and it would be great to see you on a weekly basis, but we can be super flexible on that!
These are permanent positions - Swedish speaking is required
Role & Responsibilities
- As backend team Lead, you will lead a super skilled team of 4 Java engineers. The team is already strong, so no need to do too much coaching or mentoring, but rather you will be the person to lead projects, plan projects, create time estimations, and going forward, be responsible for recruiting to your team!
- You will also be hands on with the code, building new features and solutions, as-well as working in close collaboration with the product managers who have a background in education
- Tech stack: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Docker, Microservices (frontend is Typescript, React, GraphQL)
- If you are a senior developer and would prefer to be focused on building solutions, your experience will be hugely valued in a team where everyone's opinion, input and ideas are encouraged! You will be involved in architectural discussions and collaborating closely with other teams too!
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ Years Java development, with experience of Spring, Hibernate, Docker, Microservices.
- Experienc working across the full Software development lifecycle and having a hand in leading projects or initiatives would be great for both positions!
- For the team lead role, experience with personnel responsibilities, and leading technical project is required.