Linux System Engineer - About the role:
We are looking for a Linux System Engineer to be responsible for all aspects of operations and maintenance for our production Linux environments and their overall application installation and stability. This individual ensures that operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards and are functioning optimally. Strong troubleshooting, database, and application deployment/maintenance skills are crucial. Only candidates with a strong Linux skill set will be considered.What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for
- Responsible for the administration of all Linux systems including performance monitoring, operations planning, troubleshooting, compliance and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for patching of the Linux systems and underlying platforms.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of both public licensed, Commercial-off-the-Shelf, and open-source software.
- Ensure change control and other processes and procedures are followed, and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified.
- Ensure uptime and stability of all systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Someone with In depth knowledge of Linux with a focus on RHEL, Cent OS, and Ubuntu Server, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade, and administration.
- Someone with deep knowledge of design, implementation, and support of networked systems and technologies such NFS, DNS, and LDAP.
- Someone with experience working with Apache, Nginix, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQL, NFS, DNS, LDAP, and SAML.
- Someone with experience working with PHP, Python, and Java.
- Someone who has experience with Github, Composer, Puppet, Ansible Git, and Packer.
- Someone with scripting experience such as shell and python.
- Someone with the ability to work independently.
- Someone with excellent user interface / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills
- Someone with the ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers.
- Someone who has excellent verbal and written communication and follow up skills
- Someone with the ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions.