Senior (+5y) Software Development Engineer in Test (SDT) to work as part of the software development team, who are responsible for designing, developing and testing the product
Role & Responsibilities
- As part of an agile team you will understand the deliverables and pro-actively take part in the team's self-organisation
- Understand the Scrum framework for software development and will be willing to work as part of a team to achieve common sprint goals.
- Duties are likely to involve software design, coding, hands-on adhoc and exploratory testing, and automated test development work. You will also help to define test strategies and promote test coverage and test automation helping move towards shorter integration and deployment cycles
- Have a proven record of accomplishments in automated test development.
Skills & Qualifications
- Design and implement automated tests in collaboration with the agile development team
- Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Programming experience in Python, C++ and/or Java
- Proficient sysadmin skills across all major OS (Linux and Windows is a must), storage systems, hypervisors, and containers
- Aptitude - self-starter, love of learning, inquisitive mind, openness to new ideas
- Excellent attention to detail, and adaptability to change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, self-motivated, with a strong work ethic; an individual who has a passion for problem solving and improving engineering deliverables
Experience with any of the following technologies would be an advantage:
o Network Attached Storage (NAS)
o Storage systems
o Unix/Windows client/server environments
o File serving protocols e.g. NFS or SMB
- Experience with (or strong knowledge of) automation infrastructure would be beneficial e.g. Jenkins, Salt, Docker, etc.
- Scrum master experience or certification is a plus
- Open and friendly culture
- High business ethics: no discrimination on the basis of gender, age or religion
- Flexibility to work remotely from Portugal
- Permanent contract
- Attractive salary: Base salary+ bonus
- Retirement plan from 7 months onwards
- 23 holiday days + additional union days
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance and life and accident insurance
- 6 euros/day meal allowance
- Flexible working hours from 9:00 to 18:00