Job Title: Network Engineer
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- More than 3 years' of relevant IT Implementation and maintenance support experience
- Configure physical network devices during capacity buildouts.
- Set up automated monitoring of physical network devices.
- Set up automated alerting based on monitoring for physical network devices.
- Write automation scripts to safely update the configuration of physical network devices.
- Cut tickets to Data Centre operations for a variety of tasks: check cable, replace a line card, replace a faulty device, decommission a device, etc.
- Update the firmware (operating system) of physical network devices.
- Maintain the logical access security for physical network devices.
- Responds to live site incidents involving physical network devices.
- Provide evidence to auditors on the logical security of physical network devices.
- More than 3 years of Networking Engineering experience working with Layer 2 protocols, Layer 3 networking with IP, as well as routing protocols such as OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, and MPLS.
- Experience troubleshooting across a variety of networking platforms including, but not limited to, Cisco, Juniper, and Arista
- Candidates must pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Strong scripting skills (Phyton, PowerShell and C# are preferred, but not a strict requirement) for automating day-to-day tasks are a strong plus.
- Understanding of software architecture with the ability to articulate software requirements to teams of Software Developers.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- A strong collaborator, attentive listener, calm under pressure, earn confidence from others and be adaptive, since a candidate's role may span a variety of traditional roles, such as design engineer, deployment engineer, operations engineer and project manager