I am currently working alongside a market leading client who are actively seeking an Network Engineer to join their well established team.
The role is hybrid and the successful candidate will be required to work 1 day a week in office (Dudley/Crawley area).
It is required that the candidate will have prior experience in Network Engineering, ASA Firewalls, Cisco Switch and have experience working on Complex Network Environments.
- As required, it produces outline system designs and specifications, and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology within the organisation. Specifies user/system interfaces, including validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls. Assesses associated risks, and specifies recovery routines and contingency procedures. Translates logical designs into physical designs.
- Monitors service delivery performance metrics and liaises with managers and customers to ensure that service level agreements are not breached without the stakeholders being given the opportunity of planning for a deterioration in service.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures, including network configuration, installation and maintenance. Uses network management tools to collect and report on network load and performance statistics. Contributes to the implementation of maintenance and installation work. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data where necessary. Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution.
- Identifies and resolves complex network problems following agreed procedures. Uses network management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed network maintenance tasks.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures. Uses network management tools to determine network load and performance statistics. Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work. Implements agreed network changes and maintenance routines. Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures. Provides reports and proposals for improvement to specialists, users and managers.
- Uses network management tools to produce management information on capacity and utilisation and investigate issues where necessary.
- Has good understanding of technologies used within the organisation
- Extensive experience of Cisco Routing and Switching, Cisco ASA, Nexus, Stingray traffic manager, SD WAN, MPLS, VPN, DHCP, Extreme/Aerohive and WAP's
- Experience of technologies wider than networks, Microsoft Server technologies, Linux, specifically around Proxy Servers, DHCP, DNS
The ability to work across technology silos to resolve issues independently
Knowledge and Skills:
- Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives. Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the delegation of responsibilities.
- Influences organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism.
- Builds appropriate and effective business relationships.
- Makes decisions which impact the success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
- Performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities. Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. Understands the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organisational requirements.
- Certification in multiple areas of technologies
- Foundation level certificate in ITIL Version 3