As a Quality Data Engineer, you will be part of the analytics team working with data scientists, business stakeholders, and team members to build and design data platforms.
Role & Responsibilities
- Use object-oriented or functional programming skills in Go, Java or Scala for testing of software systems
- Take part in software design and code reviews with other engineers to ensure software of the highest quality and encourage knowledge sharing
- Comply with coding best practices such as Agile Software Development, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Source Code Management (git), Jira, and Stash
- Work in an international team
Skills & Qualifications
- Hands on experienece deploying and operating solutions using AWS services such as: S3, EMR, SQS, SNS, Lambdas, Athena, Glue, Kinesis and MSK
- Practical experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, Clojure, and/or Go.
- Demonstrable experience with big data technologies such as Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, Parquet, Redash, etc.
- Proficiency with building data integrations using both API and file based protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fully remote work
- Competitive salary in USD
- Working with the most experienced data engineers