Senior Engineer for Tech Reference Inventory
We provide the critical technical foundation for our operations and are responsible for delivering reliable IT solutions, scalable infrastructure services, and secure capabilities while creating a trusted customer experience and enabling our workforce to be the best for our clients. Making it simpler, greener, and better connected while powering it with trusted, well-secured data, and automating policy enforcement through code are all at the heart of our refreshed global strategy. Data Quality, Simplification, Environmental Stability, Automation, and Service Excellence are the key pillars and priorities on our strategic journey.
We are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
The Senior Engineer for Tech Reference Inventory is a senior level position responsible for leading a variety of engineering activities including the design, acquisition and deployment of hardware, software and network infrastructure in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead efforts to ensure quality standards are being created and met for our technology inventory within our Big Data and RDBMS Warehouse systems. Responsibilities include analyzing logical and physical data models & interpreting them into data warehousing structures (Kimble and Snowflake are the standards we hold to). The Senior Engineer will accomplish this by ensuring the integrity of data flowing through environments, as well as leading work efforts within the Engineering Pod and being responsible for the cross functional teams of Big Data, Data Warehouse, and Analytics & Visualization team to ensure the delivery of Pristine, Automated, Accessible, Accurate, Covered and Complete, Timely and Traceable, technology inventory data. The role will also be responsible for managing the engineering of outbound data requests from RDBMS Warehouse, as well as the monitoring of data flow utilizing analytics and reporting tools available. The overall objective is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to process data, resolve issues and execute enhancement projects. Responsibilities:
- Serve as a technology subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders and provide direction for the creation, implementation, and lifecycle management of the Data Reference Inventory Fabric for Technology (DRIFT)
- Work within current framework of projects and domains created today and identify enhancements and the creation of new domain roadmaps
- Ensure that all integration of functions meet business goals and prepare engineer solutions for architecture design forums for review and approval
- Define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and enhancements current framework with well designed, architected, and approved processes.
- Recommend product/process customization for additions domain data integration as well as improve relationships among current and inflight domains.
- Identify problem causality, business impact and root causes for production support staff to easily provide 24x7 support with limited engagement with development teams.
- Exhibit knowledge of how own specialty area contributes to the business and apply knowledge of competitors, products, and services
- Impact the engineering function by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding us, our clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Integrate Big Data and Warehouse teams within the Engineering pod to create well documented and version-controlled code, ensuring that teams continue to operate in a CI/CD framework by improving interactions and polices to ensure success.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in an Senior Engineering role
- 6-10 years of experience with Big Data (Hadoop), Data Warehousing (Oracle / MS SQL), Data Modeling (Erwin / Magic Draw)
- Proven track record of managing multiple streams of architecture and engineering groups, driving the success of data ingestion, processing, and production
- Experience with code repos such as Git or Bitbucket
- Can operate in an Agile team with experience in Scrum
- Project Management experience to drive engineering and architecture efforts within our data platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to lead engineering design and implementations
- Comprehensive knowledge of design metrics, analytics tools, benchmarking activities and related reporting to identify best practices
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams across our global infrastructure and support groups
- Ability to drive individuals in the implementation of designs, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of initiatives
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Proven track record of operational process changes and improvement
Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience