SYSTEM SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR | Hybrid- Texas| Starting at $80K
We are looking for dynamic, extraordinary people with a passion to provide outstanding service and financial solutions to our members and fellow employees. If you enjoy working in the service industry, offering problem-solving solutions while building relationships that create long-lasting connections, this may be the job for you! Role / Responsibilities
The System Support Administrator II will be responsible for all day-to-day functions of maintaining the credit union's core financial systems and their batch processing, internal controls for the applications, application maintenance, and application security. Assists in implementing and maintaining all 3rd
party interfaces to the primary core databases. This position will further assist departments and leadership in the development and implementation of data quality standards, system security, and any requirements related to data analysis, analytics, and reporting. Qualifications
Ready to Apply?
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent along with additional education in computers from vocational, private, self-paced, or similar sources. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field is a plus.
- Experience in information technology experience and/or credit union related in a financial institution.
- Working knowledge of financial institution core systems and 3rd party integrated software, such as Online Banking, Loan and Account Origination.
- Ability to perform core systems and 3rd party software administration, including troubleshooting, software installation, and upgrades.
- Knowledge of financial institution core system batch processing, preferably using an automation system.
- Knowledge of computers and specific knowledge about the programming, operation, and maintenance of computers.
- Knowledge of relational database theory, query language protocols and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal team-based communication skills.
- Ability to learn and understand business processes related to software application use, internal controls, security, and technology.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to analyze and diagnose systems related problems and issues in industry specific applications.
- Effective time management skills including the ability to prioritize responsibilities and organize work tasks.
- Ownership of the customer experience through issue resolution.
- Adaptable to a productive team environment where knowledge is shared and feedback and coaching are welcomed.
To learn more or to apply for this System Support Administrator role, please get in touch with Arianna Fenimore -email@example.com | 813-437-6973
FRG Technology Consulting is a global recruitment expert dedicated to placing IT professionals-from developers and consultants to technical leads and support analysts-in markets such as banking, manufacturing, retail, media, pharma, and professional services. We are at the forefront of delivering top tech talent across emerging technologies worldwide.