Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Job Type: Full-Time Direct Hire
Location: Eatonton, GA (In-Office 5 Days a Week)
Our client is looking for a skilled Purchasing Agent to buy goods and services necessary for the manufacturing of construction. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships. The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations.
Sources selections and secures materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards.
* Develop profitable purchasing strategies
* Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
* Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
* Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance to terms of contracts
* Review supplies to ensure quality
* Monitor stock levels
* Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
* Keep updated records
* Attend events, fairs, and exhibitions to keep abreast of the market's trends